Twitter recently added a new feature that allows you to add a header image to your profile. Twitter header is basically using the same concept as Facebook timeline or the Google+ but with the new Twitter Header, you can easily see your profile image, username, Twitter account name, bio, location and your site link all in one place.
Your followers can also easily access to the information posted on your header.
How to add Twitter Header Image
- Login to your Twitter account
- Click on gear icon at the far right corner on your Twitter page.
- On the drop down menu, select Settings
- On left side bar, click on Design
- You will find a list of premade theme designs
- Select one or you can choose to customize your own.
- Click on Change Header to upload an image (you can add a new image or delete the existing image).
- Click on Save Settings.
If you choose customize your own, click on Change Header and upload an image.
The recommended image dimensions is 1252×626 or maximum file size of 5MB.
You can also upload an existing background from your computer.
Select background color and link color.
Click on Save Settings.
Click on Me to view your profile page changes with the header image.
You can test different backgrounds and pre-made themes to find out which works out best for you.